OUR MATERIAL – EASTERN WHITE PINE
Wood is an endlessly renewable resource. Through photosynthesis, wood removes and stores Carbon from the atmosphere. If a tree is allowed to decompose, the carbon stored inside is released back in the air as CO2. MK sources from SFI forest (Certified Managed Forests) which protect biodiversity and at risk species. These forests require sustainable harvest levels, protect water quality, and mandate prompt regeneration.
RESPONSIBLE PROCUREMENT AND 3RD PARTY SUPPLIERS
We choose our suppliers carefully to offer the best quality and a responsible build.
- 3rd Party Lumber Suppliers are given priority based on the level of responsibility of their Wood Procurement Policies.
- Due to their low to zero pre-consumer waste, Engineered Wood Products are employed first whenever possible.
- We use an ultra-Low VOC (volatile organic compounds) Coating for indoor air quality.
We offer a patented system of structural insulated panels which reduces waste sent to landfills by minimizing field construction debris.
OUR PRODUCTION FACILITY
- We are committed to sustainability.
- We operate a near Zero Waste Facility.
- We expect to be a total Zero Waste Facility by 2025.
We use a closed Cell Polyurethane Insulating Foam which offers:
- Renewable and Recycled content
- Zero Ozone Depleting
- A moisture Barrier
- Structural Properties
- Cavity mold resistance for indoor air quality
- R-Value of 6.65/inch giving MK homes R-30 & R-36 values in 5.75” & 6.75” thick walls respectively, as opposed to a code 2X4 stick-built wall with an R-15 in 5.5.”
WHY MK DESIGN AND BUILD?
Because what you see is beautiful… and what you don’t see is spectacular. MK’s team of professionals offers a product unmatched in residential construction. We provide homeowners with state-of-the-art, environmentally responsible technology while using cost-effective building methods. Working with stock or custom plans, the team at MK collaborates with you, maximizing your vision and investment, to make your dream home a reality.